As you can probably tell, I’m obsessed with making different kinds of bowls. Wether it’s with cauliflower rice, quinoa, couscous, or mixed veggies, its my go to for dinner most nights. Tonight’s meal was delicious and low carb!
Here is what you need (serving for two): 2 bags of frozen cauliflower rice, 1/2 a bag of frozen shrimp peeled and deveined, 1 bundle of chopped green onion, 2 cups of chopped baby carrots, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, 1 tablespoon of fresh minced ginger, 1/4 cup coconut aminos, 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 2 tablespoons sesame oil.
Here is what you do:
1) Heat a large wok or pan over medium heat and add coconut oil. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper before adding to hot pan.
2) Cook shrimp in an even layer, turning once until pink (about 90 seconds per side.) Remove cooked shrimp from the pan and set aside.
4) Add cauliflower rice to pan with the baby carrots, sesame oil, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger. Cook for about 15 minutes or so until done.
5) Add the shrimp and scallions to the rice, and cook for an additional 2 minutes to warm shrimp back up.
6) I did not add an egg or peas to this recipe, but it would make it more like a fried rice and probably be delicious as well! I topped my dish off with some green dragon hot sauce from Trader Joe’s.