Pasta is a favorite amongst my kids, I mean I think that holds true for most of them!? Rather than always using a plain tomato sauce, I like to switch it up a bit and do a bolognese every now and then, which they love, and it adds protein to the dish. This recipe is so simple and delicious!
Here is what you need:
• 1 16oz. Can of tomato sauce
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 lb of ground beef
• 1 cup of red wine, dry
• 1 cup of chopped carrots, onion, and celery
• 1 tsp. Salt
• 1tsp. Oregano
Here is what you do:
Chop all the veggies, and sauté them in olive oil until translucent. Then add the beef and cook until brown. Add the salt, oregano, and one cup of red wine. Let that simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add the tomato sauce (I use the Cento canned tomato sauce) and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Serve it over your favorite pasta (I use pasta for the kids, and zucchini noodles for my husband and I) with a little Parmesan. Enjoy!
By time Christmas rolls around this mama needs a good, stiff margarita! I mean who doesn’t after all the holiday bustle?! Last Christmas we (and I say we because my husband is the bartender, I just make the drinks look pretty) made this, and it was a hit, so they’ll definitely be on the drink menu again. It really is a drink you could make year round minus the greens and berries. It’s also fun to make one of these while the kids are asleep and you’re wrapping presents! Just an idea.😉
Here is what you need: (1 serving)
• course salt for the rim
• 1 1/2 oz tequila
• 1/4 oz grand marnier
• 1 oz of white cranberry juice
• 1 oz fresh lime juice
• 1/2 oz simple syrup
Here is what you do:
• Rim a rocks glass with lime juice, dip it into salt and fill with ice cubes. Fill the cocktail shaker with ice cubes and add all ingredients. Shake strong and pour into the glass. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary or some type of Christmasy green and fresh cranberries.
Looking for a quick, easy, delicious dinner idea? I gotcha covered. This 3 ingredient crockpot meal is soooo good! I made it the other night, and it was a hit.
Here’s what you need:
• 4 boneless chicken breasts
• 1 8oz. Can of crushed pineapples
• 1 16oz. Bottle of barbecue sauce
Here’s what you do:
• Place chicken breasts in crockpot. Mix the barbecue sauce with drained pineapples in a bowl, and then pour it over the chicken. Cook on high for 4 hours. When it’s done shred the chicken in crockpot. I served it over cauliflower rice. Make sure to drain the pineapples, or else the sauce may end up watery.
Only 7 weeks left until Christmas. Yikes! We still have plenty of time, but so many items tend to sell out. If I can have all my shopping done my the beginning of December, I’ll be one happy mama! Anyway, I put together a guide of items, that I would like myself, or that I already own and love. Shop them here.
Men are the hardest to buy for! At least I think so. I’ve put together a guide with some pretty cool items. Check it out here!
I know, we haven’t even reached Halloween yet! But if you’re like me, you like to avoid the craziness of the crowds at the stores during the holiday season, or just like to enjoy that time rather than stressing over last minute gifts. I’ve put together a list of ideas, ranging from ages 0-8. I’m definitely going to be ordering a few of these items for my kids. You can shop them here. Happy Holidays!
Have some apples you need to use?! We took the kids apple picking a couple of weeks ago, and got one too many apples! So I decided to use them up before they went bad, and made a quick and delicious apple crisp!
What you need:
• About 5 medium sized apples
• Graham crackers (I used 5 large squares)
• Coconut oil
• I used a 6X10 in. Baking dish.
What you do:
• Slice apples into thin pieces. I didn’t skin mine, but you could.
• Grease baking pan with coconut oil and layer the apples in it.
• I put the crackers in a ziplock bag, and smashed them into little pieces, then sprinkled it on top of apples.
• Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar to your liking on top (I used a generous amount;)).
• Slice butter into thin pieces and layer it on top. I used about 10 little slices.
• Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.
• Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.