Hands down this is the BEST blowdryer I have ever owned, probably the most expensive, but by far the best! If you’re in the market for a new one, I highly recommend it. Like I said it’s a little bit of an investment piece, but it does the job! I have long thick hair which used to take forever for me to dry. This dryer has cut my time in half, it’s lightweight, doesn’t dry out my locks, and is much quieter than your traditional blowdryer. For more info, check it here.
Switched up my skincare routine a bit, and my skin has never felt so good! I’m not an expert, but I highly recommend these products! I have pretty normal skin, which has its flare ups here and there.
1. I’ve tried so many different facial cleansers, and this one is by far my favorite. My skin has never been so clear! I am obsessed.
2. An all natural toner that is alcohol-free, and greatly helps to reduce irritation. Yes please!
3. This face cream is perfect for my skin. I have pretty normal skin and prefer a cream that goes on lightly, but does it’s job.
4. I have been using this mineral powder foundation for a couple of weeks now, and am very pleased. It’s lightweight, but is buildable for great coverage. It feels like I’m not wearing any foundation at all!
5. Love this blush! It adds just the right amount of glowing color, and smells amazing!
6. I use this bronzer/highlighter above my cheekbones to add some shimmer! This palette is also great for contouring.
7. This eyeliner is a great choice if you looking for something more natural. It’s self sharpening and glides on smoothly.
8. Hands down the best lip balm I’ve ever owned! Its an all-natural lanolin balm, that can be used on not just your lips, but also your cuticles, heels, cheeks, nasal passages, etc.
9. I use this argan oil after washing my face at night. It does a great job at moisturizing and keeping your skin soft.
10. You need this hand lotion in your life! But seriously you won’t be disappointed.
My everyday beauty regime is pretty simple, especially in the summer. I’ve put together some products that I love, and use regularly.
1. This hair lotion is awesome! I have thick, wavy hair which tends to get frizzy, especially during the more humid months. I use this before I blow dry, and it keeps my hair frizz free, and smelling wonderful.
2. Hands down this brush is the best! I’ve gone through so many blow drying brushes, it’s not even funny. But this one has lasted me the longest, and does a great job at helping to straighten my locks.
3. If your looking for a toner that truly works and doesn’t dry out your skin, this is the one. I’ve noticed such a difference in my complexion, and have been using it for a little over a year now!
4. The holy grail of lip balms for me! It keeps my lips moisturized throughout the day, and adds a pretty little shimmer to them as well.
5. Out of all the concealers I’ve used, this is my favorite and it is under $6!
6. This body lotion will last you a long time, and is currently on sale.
7. I love how this bronzer gives a subtle, natural glow.
8. I use this as my everyday mascara. It’s carbon black, so it really makes your eyelashes pop, and is priced under $6!
9. Eyelash primer definitely makes a difference for me. I feel it makes my eyelashes appear thicker, and longer!
10. Cannot say enough about this B.B. cream. It’s lightweight, has spf in it, and helps blur imperfections. I highly recommend it!
What I wear everyday for makeup, is different from what I wear if I’m going out. I prefer a more casual look (as if I don’t really have much on), but don’t want to look like a tired mom of two either ;)! So I’ve rounded up some of my favorite everyday beauty products that do the trick! This is the order I use them in.
1. Enzyme Cleansing Gel This facial cleanser works wonders. It’s gentle, and keeps my skin clear and soft! I have pretty normal skin, but this product is for all skin types. I highly recommend.
2. Hope In a Jar This facial moisturizer works well for me. It goes on lightly, yet does a great job keeping my skin hydrated
3. Primer Does an awesome job at minimizing the appearance of pores and fine lines.
4. BB Cream I love this stuff, and it’s under $10! I don’t like wearing a heavy foundation, especially during the day, so this B.B. cream provides sheer coverage for a natural look, and does a great job at evening out my skin tone.
5. Concealer I use this under my eyes, and I have to say out of all of the concealers I’ve used, including some high end ones, this is my favorite. The coverage is great, and it does not leave you with a cakey appearance!
6. No More Baggage I put this on over my concealer, and feel it helps reduce puffiness. You can actually feel the skin tightening!
7. Bronzer This bronzer gives you a nice dewy glow.
8. Blush If you want just a hint of color, this blush is perfect! It highlights the cheekbones giving you a natural glow, and it smells amazing!
9. Lash Primer I always apply this before my mascara, and it adds extra length and volume.
10. Mascara I use this as my daily mascara. My all time favorite is Better Than Sex by Too Faced, but it’s a bit pricey, so usually only use it if I’m going out. But for $8, this mascara is awesome! It does a great job lengthening, and it’s carbon black, so makes your lashes dark.
11. Balm Lip Stain A balm lip stain that applies on clear and reacts with your skin’s pH level to create the perfect shade of pink for you.
1. Makeup Brush I love this brush! I use it to apply my liquid foundation, and it goes on so smoothly.
2. Winky Lux Mini Lip Pills I like lip stick, but don’t wear it all that often. This little kit is perfect, cause it has a variety of travel-sized demi-matte lip velours, and is priced at $16.
3. Lanolips This balm is the bomb! My lips tend to get a little dry in the winter months, and this ointment makes them so soft.
4. Lanohands My hands have been extremely dry lately, and everything I’ve tried hasn’t really done much, until I came across this miracle cream! It’s thick, and so hydrating.
5. Mario Badescu Cleansing Gel I have pretty normal skin, with the exception of some dry spells in the cooler months. This gel cleanser is perfect for me, as it keeps my skin clear, is gentle, and doesn’t dry it out. I highly recommend it!
6. Mario Badescu Facial Spray This facial spray adds a little brightness to your skin. I like to apply it after my makeup, and throughout the day for a refreshing pick me up, and the scent is amazing!
7. Moroccanoil Smoothing Lotion This hair lotion is a game changer! I put it in my hair before I blow dry, and it makes it so soft, shiny, and smell so nice.
8. Burt’s Bees Cleansing Towelettes These are perfect for removing makeup. I use them in between washing my face. They don’t dry out my skin, and are 99% natural. The white tea extract is my fave.
9. H2O Lip Gel It goes on smooth, adds shine, and has a minty fresh flavor. Love it!
As much as I love certain high end makeup products, not everything in my bag is. There are a few things that I think are worth the splurge, but drugstore makeup has really come a long way. Here are some items that I love, that are $10 and under.
1. e.l.f lip exfoliater : Mint maniac is my favorite.
2. Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller : Because momlife, enough said!
3. Maybelline FIT ME Concealer : This concealer works every bit as good as some of the high end ones that I’ve used, if not better.
4. L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Primer : I notice such a difference if I don’t use this before I apply my mascara. It adds so much volume!
5. Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm : These are the best little lip balms.
6. Physicians Formula Butter Muru Blush : This blush gives you a natural radiant glow, and it smells delightful!
I can already tell my new obsession is going to be Glow Tonic, by pixi. It’s an alcohol free exfoliating toner that removes dead skin cells, giving your complexion a healthy glow. My skin needed a little pick me up, and I’ve read so many great reviews about this product, that I figured I’d try it out. I’ve been using this for a couple of weeks now and have already noticed a big difference. It’s made my skin so soft, and brighter. It’s no wonder it has a cult following!
Pixi Glow Tonic, $15, available at Target
Who doesn’t want long, dark, glamorous lashes? For years I had lash extensions. Every two weeks I’d go for a fill at $45 a pop (which is on the cheaper end). I loved them, and couldn’t imagine my eyes without them, but the maintenance was getting to be a bit much. So, after I had my daughter this past June I decided to take them off and see what happened. Well, I tell you what happened, not much and my eyes looked bald! I did some research on different ways to grow your lashes, and everyone seemed to rave about lashboost by rodanandfields, so I figured I’d give it a shot. I was skeptical at first, but I am so glad I made the purchase, because my lashes have never been so naturally long. It’s a bit on the pricey side, at about $150 per tube, but still more cost efficient than extensions.
Dry shampoo is a staple for me, because having a lot of hair, and #momlife, leaves me little time to do it. So, in between washes I use dry shampoo. I have tried many different brands, with some being good and others not so much. Amazing grace by Philosophy is just that……AMAZING! It smells awesome, and absorbs like a champ. I highly recommend!