Not the most amazing picture, but last nights dinner was 👌🏼!
What you need:
• 1 lbground turkey meat
• 2 Tbs ketchup
• 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
• 1 packet of onion soup mix
• 1 bag cabbage mix
• 2 avocados
• juice of 2 limes
• half of a diced red onion
• 1 tsp sea salt
What you do:
Mix the turkey meat, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and onion soup mix, and form into burgers. Wrap them in foil. Then fill the instapot with 2 and 1/2 cups of water (for 8qt. Pot). Stack the wrapped patties on the trivet in a staggered pattern. Then place the lid on the pot and set the steam release knob to the Sealing position. Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button, or dial and then the + or – button, or dial to select. 11 minutes for 4 oz patties (7 minutes for a touch rare). 13 minutes for 5 oz patties (9 minutes for a touch rare). 15 minutes for 8 oz patties (11 minutes for a touch rare). High pressure. When the cook cycle is finished, do a Quick Release of the pressure/steam (that means turn the steam release knob to the Venting position right after cooking is finished).
For the slaw: mix the cabbage, avocados, lime juice, red onion, and salt and let it marinate all together in the fridge for about an hour.
I had my burger over a toasted piece of Ezekiel with Muenster cheese, and topped it with the avocado slaw!
Pasta is a favorite amongst my kids, I mean I think that holds true for most of them!? Rather than always using a plain tomato sauce, I like to switch it up a bit and do a bolognese every now and then, which they love, and it adds protein to the dish. This recipe is so simple and delicious!
Here is what you need:
• 1 16oz. Can of tomato sauce
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 lb of ground beef
• 1 cup of red wine, dry
• 1 cup of chopped carrots, onion, and celery
• 1 tsp. Salt
• 1tsp. Oregano
Here is what you do:
Chop all the veggies, and sauté them in olive oil until translucent. Then add the beef and cook until brown. Add the salt, oregano, and one cup of red wine. Let that simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add the tomato sauce (I use the Cento canned tomato sauce) and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Serve it over your favorite pasta (I use pasta for the kids, and zucchini noodles for my husband and I) with a little Parmesan. Enjoy!
New years resolution 2019 = STOP picking at my kids food! Seriously though, as silly as it sounds it’s the truth! I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays with loved ones. As sad as I am for it all to be over, it’s a little bit of a relief to get back in the normal swing of things! Athleisure is my go to style during the weekdays, because momlife! These pants are so fun and on sale for $15! Shop my look here.
With the holiday season coming to an end, and the bitterly cold winter months creeping up upon us, vacation cannot come soon enough! But in a few weeks the hubby and I will be heading out to Mexico, and this will be my view! I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite vacation essentials, with a couple of items soon to be in my cart ready to order! You can shop them here
By time Christmas rolls around this mama needs a good, stiff margarita! I mean who doesn’t after all the holiday bustle?! Last Christmas we (and I say we because my husband is the bartender, I just make the drinks look pretty) made this, and it was a hit, so they’ll definitely be on the drink menu again. It really is a drink you could make year round minus the greens and berries. It’s also fun to make one of these while the kids are asleep and you’re wrapping presents! Just an idea.😉
Here is what you need: (1 serving)
• course salt for the rim
• 1 1/2 oz tequila
• 1/4 oz grand marnier
• 1 oz of white cranberry juice
• 1 oz fresh lime juice
• 1/2 oz simple syrup
Here is what you do:
• Rim a rocks glass with lime juice, dip it into salt and fill with ice cubes. Fill the cocktail shaker with ice cubes and add all ingredients. Shake strong and pour into the glass. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary or some type of Christmasy green and fresh cranberries.
Looking for a quick, easy, delicious dinner idea? I gotcha covered. This 3 ingredient crockpot meal is soooo good! I made it the other night, and it was a hit.
Here’s what you need:
• 4 boneless chicken breasts
• 1 8oz. Can of crushed pineapples
• 1 16oz. Bottle of barbecue sauce
Here’s what you do:
• Place chicken breasts in crockpot. Mix the barbecue sauce with drained pineapples in a bowl, and then pour it over the chicken. Cook on high for 4 hours. When it’s done shred the chicken in crockpot. I served it over cauliflower rice. Make sure to drain the pineapples, or else the sauce may end up watery.
Have some apples you need to use?! We took the kids apple picking a couple of weeks ago, and got one too many apples! So I decided to use them up before they went bad, and made a quick and delicious apple crisp!
What you need:
• About 5 medium sized apples
• Graham crackers (I used 5 large squares)
• Coconut oil
• I used a 6X10 in. Baking dish.
What you do:
• Slice apples into thin pieces. I didn’t skin mine, but you could.
• Grease baking pan with coconut oil and layer the apples in it.
• I put the crackers in a ziplock bag, and smashed them into little pieces, then sprinkled it on top of apples.
• Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar to your liking on top (I used a generous amount;)).
• Slice butter into thin pieces and layer it on top. I used about 10 little slices.
• Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.
• Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.