Breakfast has always been a hard meal for me to consistently eat, because I feel as though my mornings are a whirlwind trying to get the kids fed and ready for their day! Overnight oats is a great solution to this problem, because you can prep them the night before, and just grab them in the morning for a quick, easy, healthy bite on the go.
Here is what you do:
- Put 1/2 cup rolled oats into the bottom of a mason jar.
- Pour 1 cup milk (soy, almond, etc) over the oats. I use coconut almond milk.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Mix in 1-2 teaspoons honey, agave or other sweetener.
- Tightly seal the jar and place into the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning you can add other toppings such as fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, coconut or yogurt.