Breakfast has always been a hard meal for me to consistently eat, because I feel as though my mornings are a whirlwind trying to get the kids fed and ready for their day! Overnight oats is a great solution to this problem, because you can prep them the night before, and just grab them in the morning for a quick, easy, healthy bite on the go.
Here is what you do:
- Put 1/2 cup rolled oats into the bottom of a mason jar.
- Pour 1 cup milk (soy, almond, etc) over the oats. I use coconut almond milk.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Mix in 1-2 teaspoons honey, agave or other sweetener.
- Tightly seal the jar and place into the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning you can add other toppings such as fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, coconut or yogurt.
Last night my husband and I celebrated five years of marriage! We didn’t have a sitter, so decided to stay in and grille when the kids went to bed. We made steaks and this side dish, which was delicious. It’s simple and perfect for summer nights when you just want to put together something quick.
Here’s what you need:
• I used 5 medium sized heirloom tomatoes
• 1 ball of burrata cheese
• 1 baguette thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves
• sea salt and freshly ground pepper as needed
Here’s what you do:
Mix together the olive oil and garlic and brush both sides of the bread (Pictured is only two slices, but I had more on the side). I toasted them in a toaster oven for about 5 minutes, until they were nicely toasted and golden brown. Slice tomatoes and arrange on plate with cheese and drizzle everything with some olive oil and S&P.
This salad is one of my go to lunch salads as it’s easy, healthy, and bursting with flavor.
Here’s what you need:
• 1 Egg
• about 3 cups of kale
• feta cheese
• 1 tsp. sesame seeds
• 1 avocado
• 2 tbs olive oil
• 1 lemon
• 1 tsp whole grain mustard
• 1 tbs low sodium soy sauce
• 1 tsp honey
• salt to taste
Here’s what you do:
• Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, and mustard. Pour dressing over kale (if I have time, I let it sit for about 20 minutes). While that’s sitting boil the egg. Once that’s done(about ten minutes), I place the kale on a plate, add the diced avocado, and sprinkle over the feta, sesame seeds, and a little salt to taste. Lastly cut the egg in half and oila!
Hands down this is the BEST blowdryer I have ever owned, probably the most expensive, but by far the best! If you’re in the market for a new one, I highly recommend it. Like I said it’s a little bit of an investment piece, but it does the job! I have long thick hair which used to take forever for me to dry. This dryer has cut my time in half, it’s lightweight, doesn’t dry out my locks, and is much quieter than your traditional blowdryer. For more info, check it here.
One of my new favorite, easy, 5 ingredient Insta Pot meals! This chicken curry is so flavorful, and done in less than half an hour. I bought all of the ingredients at Trader Joe’s, but if you don’t have a TJ’s by you, you can modify and find similar ingredients at most grocery stores.
What you need:
• 1 12 oz. package of sweet potato ribbons
• 1 11 oz. bottle of Thai red curry sauce
• 12 oz. haricots verts
• 1 package of cauliflower rice
• 1.5 lbs of chicken breasts
What you do:
Cut chicken into one inch pieces and mix it with the curry sauce in the insta pot and cook for 12 minutes. When done I put about 1 Tbs of arrowroot powder mixed with 2 Tbs of water to thicken the sauce. Add sweet potato ribbons while sauce is hot and let it sit for about 10 minutes. While that’s settling I put the bag of haricot verts in the microwave for 4 minutes. When that’s done, add it to the pot and mix everything together. I served this over cauliflower rice, and it was sooooo good! Enjoy http://liketk.it/2AUHv
Happy Thursday! It’s almost the weekend, and this weekend my baby boy will be 4! Yikes, I feel like he was just born. It’s so true when they say the days are long but the years short! Anywho, this kimono is a new favorite piece of mine that I found on Amazon. The color combo is so pretty, and it’s so versatile. It can be worn how I have it here, with shorts, over a dress, or used as a beach coverup! I’ve linked a few other amazon favorites that I have, which you can shop here.